IOC and OCA representative visit NOC administration Officersphonexay phonexay
International Olympic Committee (IOC), representative Mr. Olivier Niamkey and Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), Representative Mr. Vahid Kardady visited National Olympic Committee of Laos (NOCL) on 9-12 February, 2015. The event was hold at meeting room of NOC to meet with NOC Executive Board, representatives of National Sports Federations and some NOC standing Committees, The representative IOC & OCA also courtesy call to Deputy Prime Minister Dr. Phankham VIPHAVANH the president of NOCL.
This visit is aimed at actuary a more in-depth knowledge about our NOCL and thereby will serve to improve the coordination and assistance, as well as to make sure that the NOCL is fulfilling duties toward the Olympic movement. This mission is also conducted a general evaluation of NOCL as subject to be discussed are followed:
- Institutional. The NOCL’s rights and obligation & deriving from the obligation of being of the Olympic movement.
- Administration and internal organizational structure of the NOCL.
- Political and Social environment- the NOCL’s position and relationship within the country and the Olympic movement.
- Finance – The use of the Olympic Solidarity / IOC funds, budget control, accounting and financial procedure and audit requirements.
- Activities, the activities developed by NOCL on day-to-day basic and the NOCL’s approach to its primary mission to send athletes to Olympic game.
Later on the IOC’s representative has visited the talented sport school to see the real situation of the process in learning and training of students. Afterward the delegation has visited the National Training Center and National Sport Complex to understand the basic reality of sport development in Lao PDR.
Watch Video Link: https://youtu.be/A9YI90a27wI?t=3
Leave a Reply