Kasem INTHARA Secretary General of NOCL (second from Left) attending the OCA Sports Committee Meetingphonexay phonexay
Kasem INTHARA Secretary General of NOCL (second from Left) attending the OCA Sports Committee Meeting
The OCA Sports Committee Meeting held from 10.00 am to 11.45 am on 16 May 2016 at Lotus Suite 9, Central Grand & Bangkok Convention Center at Central World. The OCA Sports Committee Meeting was chaired by Mr. Song Luzeng, Chairman of the OCA Sports Committee, who is also Secretary General of Chinese Olympic Committee. The OCA was represented by Mr. Haider Farman, Director of OCA Asian Games Department.
Four (4) Organizing Committee of future Asian Games as follows presented the progress reports to the OCA Sports Committee:
- 5th Asian Beach Games, Da Nang 2016 (Vietnam)
- 8th Asian Winter Games, Sapporo 2017 (Japan)
- 3rd Asian Youth Games, Jakarta 2017 (Indonesia)
- 18th Asian Games, Jakarta-Palembang 2018 (Indonesia)
The highlights of the Meeting were as follows:
- Proposal to change the Asian Beach Games to be held every 4 years instead of every 2 years.
- Review of the Asian Youth Games in line with feasibility study on the Youth Olympic Games conducted by the IOC.
- Proposed roles of OCA Sports Committee members during various Asian Games in the future.